Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Can Boats Catch Fish?

For years fisherman have been debating about what kind of boats catch fish. Well, I believe my boat can really catch fish and I mean that literally! I was out walking my dog this morning and when I returned I found a real surprise!

This is an unlucky mullet who jumped on the dive platform and fell down between the panels. I couldn't push him down through the platform so I pulled him up. Believe or not he lived to tell his friends of the story.
I love this trip! It is one of the most challenging things I have every done. I have had to learn multiple Apps for forecasting weather and navigating over 1300 hundred miles so far. The total will be about 6000! I spend hours studying electronic charts (a lot more fun than Electronic Health Records). One of the biggest problems is all of the hype about sailors going aground everywhere you are planning to go. After much research I have decided the most important thing to follow is the actual markers! Also, calling BoatUS before a trip is very helpful. Dredging is done regularly and markers are moved as appropriate. The next most important data is the electronic chart you are using. Navionics and Aqua map seem to be the most accurate. I will plot routes at least a day before setting sail. I plot routes on two Ipads with both Navionics and Aqua Maps.  Having a glass of wine on the fly bridge is also a very wonderful routine. The scenery is priceless.
Planning the next day!
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment