Saturday, December 23, 2017

Contemplating doing the great loop!



My name is Karl Hempel and I am married to Mackie Hempel.  We have a 50-foot motor vessel that we have been cruising on intermittently over the past 10 years.  We have a 7 lb. Maltese who travels with us always.  For most of those years we have talked about cruising America’s great loop which is a 6500 mile loop up the Eastern coast of the United States to Canada and then down through the great Lakes and the Mississippi river to enter the gulf a Mexico at Mobile Bay.  Finally, we have pulled the trigger and are going to leave our port at Sandestin Florida on January 1st, 2019. We are going to maintain a Blog to document the trip which should take approximately 1 year.  I have not retired and I am taking a sabbatical specifically for this trip.  I plan on returning to work in 2020.

2 comments:

  1. I just saw you 2 or, I’m meant to say 3, lol. Our pets are family too
    I was fishing on my dock and it looked like your wife was captain. Looked up the name on the Internet because your boat was so beautiful

    Sounds like you’re doing my dream trip! It’s on my bucket list.
    Safe travels to you all and prayers for a safe return
    Best, Aaron Kilman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comments! We are having fun, hope that you can fulfill your dreams of doing the Loop!

    ReplyDelete